Staff Engineer I - (Remote working - Totale)
Agile Lab is a top-tier data engineering firm, specialized in Spark and many other distributed technologies since 2013. Agile Lab is now employing more than 100 talented data engineers/scientists in a remote-first culture and with an international mindset.
Give a look at our handbook to discover our core values and processes.
We are looking to hire a talented Staff Engineer to to develop and manage our Big Data solutions. In this role, you will be required to design and implement Big Data tools and frameworks, data-intensive applications, and cloud platforms.
To ensure success as a Big Data Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of distributed computing technologies and top problem-solving skills.
- Analyzes, designs, and implements complex systems
- Challenges the team processes, looking for ways to improve
- Mentors junior engineers via pairing, design, and code review
- Builds software solutions by adhering to our quality standards about SDLC
- Makes active efforts to stay up-to-date with technologies
- Leads the technical design of complex systems
- Understands and optimizes system performances
- Takes the initiative to fix issues before they become a problem
- Delivers complex systems, well-baked, and almost bug-free
- Proactively Identifies problems with requirements and project plan
- Go to expert in one technological area
- Research and propose new technologies
- Detect possible performance bottlenecks
- Known for drama-free launches
- Can jump into an old project and fix it
- Consistently influence technical and business roadmap of services/products/projects
- Proactively identify and tackle tech debt
- Communicate with self-awareness
- When is proposing something, at any level, is doing it in written form and providing the propoer context
- Contributes to the career development of others
- Sought out for technical guidance and seen as a resource by others
- A record of creating sweeping improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across major business-critical systems
- Able to discuss at the same level with tech-vendor engineering teams
- Capable of debugging the hairiest problems that the team encounters
- Jumps into most of problems ( ech & biz ) and resolves them
- Remove roadblocks for multiple projects/products
- Able to act with full autonomy based on a strategy and not on a work plan
- Has made a huge positive impact on the entire company's technical/business trajectory.
- Identifies improvement tech areas for the organization
- Care about the efficiency of the company, introducing new practices , processes and standards
- Listens and guides debates to help reach a consensus; once a decision is made, clearly communicates and backs that decision.
- Sets short to medium-term strategic technical or operative direction, able to look ahead 6-12 months and identify the areas of greatest need and create plans to improve them.
- Clearly communicates its technical vision and help teams and stakeholders to follow it
- Proactively identifies lacks of clarity in the overall strategy and communicates them properly
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Previous experience as a Big Data Engineer (3-8 years)
- In-depth knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, and similar frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of programming languages including Java and Scala
- Expert in cloud-native technologies, IaC, and Docker tools
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Business and functional understanding
- Team Player
- Ability to solve complex networking, data, and software issues
- Leadership capabilities
What we offer:
- Remote or smart working and work life balance
- Training monthly budget (time and money)
- A structured career path with clear expectations and salary for each level
- Support of a buddy, as a guide in choosing the most suitable experiences for your ambitions
- Benefits and corporate welfare programs: meal vouchers, health fund provided, prizes, welcome pack with all the equipment you need to work
- The opportunity to attend one conference per year
- Stimulating environment oriented to growth, both professional and personal.
Iscritto su Reteinformaticalavoro dal 08/11/2021
Since 2014 Agile Lab has been creating value for its Clients in data-intensive environments by leveraging the power of Big Data and Analytics, Machine Learning, Edge AI, IoT, Low Latency Data Streaming and Domain Driven Design. We offer consulting services, as well as business vertical solutions and full custom solutions development, from design to deployment, and full managed data services. ... Scopri l'azienda ›