For one of our customers in the energy sector, we are looking for profiles with skills on the Appian low-code automation platform.
The primary responsibility will be to implement and build applications on Appian's low-code automation platform, working closely with our commercial customers.
What will you do:
- Instant customer impact by collaborating throughout the project life cycle to define, design, develop and implement custom software solutions using Appian's low-code platform.
- Conduct discussions with external clients to understand their business processes and technical needs.
- Propose conceptual technical solutions and make changes based on customer feedback in an Agile environment.
- Design, build and launch new relational data models into production.
- Develop APIs for integration with multiple systems.
- Drive adoption by enabling customers to become self-reliant by building process applications on their own.
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability and adaptability.
- Collaborate with customer technical teams and business users as needed throughout the software development life cycle.
You will be successful in this role if you are:
- Skilled in working with clients to define business processes and collect functional and technical system requirements.
- Not an order taker; asks "why" questions and solves the right problems.
- Passionate about technology and loves to learn and build continuously.
- Success in cross-functional teams; has built products using agile methodologies.
- An excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Education and travel:
- 2-5+ years of experience in practical software development or technical consulting.
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field / degree.
- Agile software development practices, couple scheduling, stand-ups, planning sessions and sprints.
- Basic understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Experience of working with relational databases.
- Experience with database design or data modeling.
- SQL Skills: Writing Queries, Joins, Views, etc.
- Knowledge of software testing practice; Test-based development, configuration and execution of automated test suites within a continuous integration framework.
- Experience of integrations using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC connections and web services.